Super 8 is nothing more than just an honest tribute by JJ Abrams to the likes of Steven Spielberg.
Nothing brilliant to impress you, nothing eye-popping to amaze you and nothing emotionally new to touch you. But that is not to downplay the director's efforts in portraying a very simple story in a non-boring way. There are a few instances which make you anticipate similar genius in the coming reels but sadly there aren't many.
But the pubertal dialogues of the central characters are often quite witty and humorous and keep the otherwise sinister plot and happenings on a lighter note. This in turn makes the movie a bit different from the "been there seen that" kind of sci-fi movies and good enough to sit through.
I, unfortunately, had the privilege of the company of a very idiotic and inconsiderate couple who had only come to the movie to giggle through and prove to all others that they were too "grown-up and mature" to enjoy this movie. They did spoil many a moments in the movie for me and had to be told to shut up. Such kind of shit does spoil one's mood, which I think is the only reason I did not like the movie. But I will remember to watch the movie at some later time to give it a fair chance to impress me.
No comments:
Post a Comment