Friday, October 28, 2011

The Hunting Party

After a week's hiatus from the world wide web, I caught my mind craving for some food. And what better food than movies! Especially ones that can amaze me with more than just an incredible plot. Zany screenplay with witty and pithy dialogues is a welcome bonus. Not to mention incredible performances.

The Hunting Party is all that and then some. Incredible plot - that of the dirty politics and the actual truth behind "war criminals" - CHECK. Zany screenplay with matching dialogues - CHECK. Incredible performances - by Richard Gere, Terence Howard and Jesse Eisenberg - CHECK. I was glad I stumbled across this movie and decided to give it a watch. The rarely ventured into plot and the amazingly humorous treatment given to it by the tongue-in-cheek dialogues did the job for me. It is not very often that a movie impresses me so much especially when I watch it with a set of expectations in my mind.

Just like I love almost anything that goes into my mouth after starving for some good food, maybe this movie impressed me so much because I had been starving for some good cinema. Nevertheless, this, here, is a movie I would recommend to anybody and everybody. If not anything else, at least you can have a good hearty laugh at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment