After excessive gawking, ogling and googling for all these years, I finally did give in to the temptation. I finally got the heart to override the brain's critiques and bought a MacBook Pro! Well, not for myself but as an anniversary gift for Roopa (although I seem to be using it more than her!). So these are my initial reactions I needed to pen down before my honeymoon period with the Mac is over.
An Apple is not just a laptop or just a phone or just a music player. It is the example of what one man's brilliance combined with vision and a pinch of arrogance can accomplish. There already are countless testimonials about the man himself but the creations he has pioneered are worthy of no less praise and servitude. An Apple is a style statement for the onlookers. It is an object of desire for millions. It is the ultimate oomph machine in whatever genre it stands. It is the benchmark against which everyone else builds their machines. It is the pivotal subject of criticism for jealous folks. Whatever it is and wherever it sits, it is the best.
The looks are obviously the main reason for anybody to buy a mac and am no exception. And boy does it look awesome! I may be exaggerating but personally I felt the Pro is better looking than the Air, just a little. And it's build is so sturdy that it can put even business laptops to shame (my way of judging the sturdiness of a laptop is that if you can open it with a single hand without having to hold down the lower portion, it is the best you can get). In short, just imagine a victoria's secret super-model who can jump upside down with an elastic rope tied to her legs with the same grace as she walks the ramp, without breaking a sweat. That is how luscious the MacBook Pro is.
The trackpad takes some getting used to but once you learn its nuances, it is one of the best innovations in passive input technologies ever. The screen is so good that you forget it is only 1280*800. The Lion OS is fast, not blazing fast but just fast. Am yet to explore all the bundled apps on the laptop but so far, Safari and iPhoto have stood up to my expectations. Well, experience tells me that all the good about things you love usually has a short shelf life and I hope it's not that way with the MacBook Pro.

No comments:
Post a Comment