Sunday, July 3, 2011

Buddah...hoga tera baap

A perfect tribute to the biggest star of India!

Buddah is a name perfectly apt (even the tagline goes perfectly with the plot! Sorry for the spoiler!) for the movie which aims squarely at one thing and one thing only - show BigB's superstar heroics in all possible glory. And Puri succeeds at it completely.

If you can't stand the very routine masala potboilers Puri makes, you can still watch the movie just for "Go Meera Go" for all the unique BigB dances and signature moves (which are sure to put a lot of current self-proclaimed superstars to shame) and the typical south-style punch dialogues which will sound infinitely silly from anyone else's mouth.

Sonu Sood never has disappointed me so far and he does a clean job in Buddah as well with his incredible screen presence and subdued histrionics. Who Sonu Sood is and how important is his role in the movie is easily answerable with the movie tag line (sorry again for the spoiler!). Charmi gets a surprisingly good role and does an even more surprisingly good act at that. Hema Malini is quintessentially beautiful in her small albeit important role. Raveena Tandon is the only complaint I have with the movie - incessantly irritating with her lusty gyrations and advances towards BigB. What a dumb role to choose for a comeback!!

All said and done, I think all those "superstars" declaring themselves to be better and/or bigger than BigB with their gaffes and lowly acting capabilities should take a jab of common sense, stop and look at what this "Buddah" is capable of doing at this age. And then I hope, if they have the slightest pinch of self-respect, stop acting in movies completely. So I reiterate, go watch the movie to gawp at BigB, the real superstar of India (who ofcourse is forgiven for being the father of a gambol who passes along as an actor just by fluke).

2 comments:

  1. Nice review..Great choice of words to describe the movie and non-so-actors' faux pas..
    Now this review inspired me to watch the movie...
    I like Big B but ... ahem... love AB.. so I'm sorry that I'll have to disagree with your last line.. I think its very hard to carry the weight of Superatar's_Son title...and AB does carry it well. And his gaiety is makes him unique and he does have a personality of his own unlike other superstars' sons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops... Looks like some real fans got hurt!!! Well, not that it is data - only my opinion :)

    ReplyDelete